This employer requests that only candidates in France apply to this job.
You appear to be located in United States, not France, so you will not be able to apply for this job.
A subsidiary of a world-class telecoms technology group is seeking an innovative and experienced RF (mmwave) Design Expert to join their research and development team in the Nice area in the south of France. The department is focusing on cutting-edge 5G technologies and this is an exciting opportunity to be part of the driving force to shape the company's IC products. It's also a great chance to become part of a multinational and diverse team consisting of top experts from the field.
Responsibilities of the RF (mmwave) IC Design Expert:
- Design, simulate and evaluate RF and mmwave integrated circuits (from baseband up to 40GHz). Design areas will primarily encompass challenging mmwave circuits for transmit and receive paths (LNAs, mixers, PAs, RF VGAs, phase shifters, passive structures, etc).
- Implement circuits using either advanced CMOS technology or high performance SiGe BiCMOS technology
- Work in close collaboration with system engineers to understand the specifications. Using these specifications, you will work to identify, select and develop the best architecture to meet the requirements.
- Balance creativity with detailed analysis to validate the architecture and circuit implementation of your block. Extensive simulations will be used to complete the validation of circuit performance.
- Work closely with other engineers to ensure your block can be successfully integrated into the top level, and that the interfaces are fully validated. You will need to understand layout trade-offs to obtain a fully optimised layout for your circuit, and run detailed extracted simulations to take account of layout parasitics. Model accurately EM effects in the layout and during the design of passive structures.
- Be responsible for defining the testability of your block and perform evaluation of the silicon. Building accurate models to match silicon measurements with simulations is essential.
- Take full responsibility for optimisation of the silicon where this is needed to reach full specification.
Requirements for the RF (mmwave) IC Design Expert:
- PhD or MSEE in a relevant field of studies
- At least 10 years of professional experience in RF IC design, preferably covering the design of integrated wireless transceivers, mmwave and RFIC design
- Good understanding of radio system architectures and trade-offs
- Experience of advanced CMOS technologies and/or SiGe BiCMOS
- Experience of EM modelling of integrated coils and transmission lines.
- Outstanding analytical skills.
- Strong design methodology.
- Pro-active in sharing technical expertise and collaborating with other engineers to exchange knowledge.
- Strong communication skills and able to work in a multi-site international environment.
- High level of proficiency in written and spoken English.
RF (mmwave) IC Design Expert
Employment Type: Permanent
Other Pay Info: Excellent Salary Rate